zaterdag 5 juli 2014

How I like to style the crop top

This fashion item is everywhere this summer. In every store you will be able to find at least five different kinds of crop tops. Styling a croptop can be difficult at times. Because it can be a little bit too revealing when you pair it with very short shorts. I personally love this item and I'll share with you how I like to style it so it stays classy and not trashy.


First of all there are ceveral types of crop tops. You have crop tops that are a bit longer and that only show a little bit of your stomach when wearing normal jeans or you have croptops that show a lot of your stomach and are very short. Also there are tight ones and loose ones. You have to try on a couple of croptops and see what style looks best on your body shape. For me the tight crop tops look best but that doesn't mean that I dont own loose fitted  ones. But this can be helpfull if you are on the seach for a new crop top


my favorite way to style croptops is with a highwasted long pair of skinny jeans. This way you still have a little bit of skin showing but it's not too much and it is very fashionabe. This outfit can even be worn to school ( if your school dresscode allows you to ) and other places where you need to look presentable. I suggest that if your jeans are very tight that your crop top is a bit on the loose side because you dont want your entire outfit to be skin tight. It looks better if your croptop is looser in that case

I also like to pair it with highwasted shorts or skirts but this can be tricky. This can be a little bit too revealing and shows a lot of skin, if you are not wearing a long croptop. So what i like to do is pair it with a longer croptop to show less skin of a more loose one because they don't show as much skin as the tight ones in most cases. And same as my earlier example make sure that you dont mix loose and loose or tight and tight together. This will look or trashy or you will look like shapeless.

Maxiskirts. I also love pairing my crop tops with my maxi skirts. This is very fashionable and is an amazing festival outfit. You see this look a lot by hippies and they often combine it with round glassed sunglasses and fringes. I personally love this but if you aren't into hippy style I suggest that you pair it with a tight croptop, if your skirt is flowy, and take a fashionable bag and you are good to go.

How not to wear a crop top, now you now how you can style them but here a couple of things that your really shouldn't do.

Wear a long sleeve shirt under a short sleeve crop top. Sometimes you dont want to show skin but you do want to wear your new croptop, or it's a little bit too cold to show stomach. Don't ever pair a longsleave under this. This will make your look very childish and I don't think anybody wants to look like that. If your still really want to wear your croptop with something underneath it go for a simple tank top or cami that will not show at your shoulders or neck line

I am not against wearing a croptop if you are overweight but you really need to make sure that it looks classy. So buy it in the right size, this will prevent having a little bit of fat falling out at the sides.  But as long as it looks classy and you are comforable wearing it you should rock that crop top.

hope these tips helped you a little bit with styling croptops. These were just my personal tips and vieuws but if you want to wear it your way that is completely fine, this is just how i wear it.

Love Saar


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten